Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) General. Except for agricultural grading permits and borrow pits, all slopes to be constructed shall be provided with an irrigation system which shall be used to promote the growth of the slope plantings to protect the slopes against erosion. Slopes for borrow pits shall be planted in accordance with the requirements of the applicable use permit and reclamation plan under Chapter 7 of this Division. The owner shall be responsible for installation and maintenance of the irrigation.
(b) Minimum Requirements.
(1) Plans for the irrigation system shall be in accordance with County of San Diego Standard Specifications for Sprinkler Irrigation Systems and shall be approved by the County Official prior to installation.
(2) The irrigation system shall be located relative to existing and proposed property lines to insure that the irrigation system and the slopes sprinkled thereby will both be within the same property boundaries. The irrigation system shall be supplied or be readily converted so as to be supplied through the metered water service line serving each individual property.
(3) The irrigation system shall provide uniform coverage for the slope area at a precipitation rate not exceeding the intake rate of the soil. A functional test of the irrigation systems shall be performed to the satisfaction of the County Official prior to final approval of the rough grading.
(4) Check valves shall be installed in the irrigation system to prevent erosion from low sprinkler heads.
(5) Adequate back flow protection devices shall be installed in each irrigation system. Such devices shall be protected against physical damage during construction operations.
(Added by Ord. No. 9547 (N.S.), effective 5-9-03)