Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All bridges shall be approved in advance by the office of the County Administrator.
(B) All piling shall be treated to 18 pounds per cubic foot and shall conform to the following:
(1) Under 26 feet length - 11-inches diameter measured 36 inches from butt end;
(2) 26 - 50-foot inclusive length - 12 inches diameter measured 36 inches from butt end;
(3) 51 - 70-foot inclusive length - 13 inches diameter measured 36 inches from butt end; the minimum penetration into original ground for any pile shall not be less than 10 feet in firm material and not less than 16 feet in soft material or sand;
(4) All lumber shall be treated 12 pounds per cubic foot minimum, and shall be of dense structured grade, 65% strength ratio conformation to Southern Pine Inspection Bureau; and
(5) Concrete bridges on treated piling will be acceptable.
(Ord. 124, passed 9-17-1991; Am. Ord. passed 2-5-1997; Am. Ord. passed 11-5-1997; Am. Ord. passed 1-5-2000)