Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) (1) Before preparation of the preliminary plat and submitting it to the Director of Public Works for approval, the developer should meet with the Director of Public Works. This would acquaint the developer with future plans in the area or other construction in the area.
(2) The developer shall submit the following documents at the initial meeting as outlined in division (A)(1) above:
(a) Location of roads or subdivision;
(b) All drawings shall be 1 inch equal to 200 feet;
(c) Name of development; name, address, surveyors, and owners of abutting properties;
(d) Location of water course, culverts, bridges, and where all drainage will be placed;
(e) Layout of lots;
(f) Type of subdivision, if applicable;
(g) Type of road (Example: triple treatment, asphalt, and the like);
(h) List the type of utilities involved to include fire protection, if applicable; and
(i) Proposed roads with names, if applicable.
(B) The following steps and procedures shall be followed:
(1) Advisory conference with the Director of Public Works;
(2) Preliminary plat approval by the Director of Public Works and approval by the County Road Committee;
(3) Clearing and grubbing of road right-of-way;
(4) Completion of rough grading and drainage requirements. It shall be the responsibility of the developer to install and maintain driveways until the time the dedication period is satisfied;
(5) Completion of sub-grade, application of gravel, or application of pavement;
(6) Dedication period of 2-year anniversary from completion and bond or cash posted; and
(7) Final acceptance from County Council.
(Ord. 124, passed 9-17-1991; Am. Ord. passed 2-5-1997; Am. Ord. passed 11-5-1997; Am. Ord. passed 1-5-2000; Am. Ord. 07-37-03, passed 7-2-2003)