Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Under limited circumstances, the county may accept into its road system roads that do not otherwise meet current construction and other acceptance standards, provided that all of the following criteria are met:
(1) Presentation of properly-executed documents, limited to deeds, plats, written agreements, court orders, and/or easements, evidencing continuous and current maintenance of the road by a federal or state agency, or by a municipality of the county, for at least 3 years;
(2) Recording of documents granting easements to the county from adjoining property owners, as necessary to provide for a 50-foot right-of-way for the entire length of through roads, and a 40-foot right-of-way for the entire length of non-through roads; to provide for required turnarounds terminating cul-de-sacs; and to provide for any other maintenance, drainage, or other easements that, in the judgment of the Director of Public Works, are necessary for the road's safe use and proper maintenance; and
(3) Examination by Council to determine any increased need for resources associated with accepting such roads.
(B) The County Council may accept a developer's or grantor's bond instead of a bond issued by an authorized insurance or bonding company.
(1) The bond must be in cash or certified check.
(2) The cash bond or certified check will be held by the County Treasurer.
(3) A letter of credit may be accepted in lieu of cash or a certified check for a period of 24 months.
(Ord. 124, passed 9-17-1991; Am. Ord. passed 2-5-1997; Am. Ord. passed 11-5-1997; Am. Ord. passed 1-5-2000; Am. Ord. 07-17-09, passed 11-19-2009)