Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Annual Uniform Allowance.
(1) The Police Chief shall receive an annual clothing and equipment allowance of one thousand two hundred (1,200) dollars per year payable in semi-annual payments of six hundred (600) dollars in January and July of each calendar year. (Ord. C23-15. Passed 4-20-15.)
(2) (EDITOR'S NOTE: Division (a)(2) of Section 161.09 was repealed by Ordinance C76-10, passed December 20, 2010.)
(b) Personal Expenses.
(1) Any eligible employee, as defined in Section 161.01(e), authorized by the City Administrator to engage in or upon official business within Franklin County for or on behalf of the City may be reimbursed for all or part of any expense incurred. Such officer or employee shall submit a statement of expenses with such supporting data as the Director of Finance or City Administrator requires.
(2) Any employee, upon specific prior approval of the City Administrator, may be reimbursed for expenses for official business outside Franklin County. Such employee shall submit a statement of the expenses with such supporting data as the Director of Finance requires.
(3) Whenever a City employee uses their private automobile in the conduct of official City business the employee shall be compensated for such use at the rate provided for in the current federal tax regulations pertaining to such allowances. Such use must be authorized in advance by the department head and approved by the City Administrator.
(4) Any employee may request prepayment of any expenses. Such request must be authorized by the City Administrator and submitted to the Director of Finance for approval with such supporting data as required. Such prepayment shall be confirmed after such activity concludes to the Director of Finance within thirty days following the expenditure.
(5) Reimbursements other than those included in this subsection shall be specifically authorized by Council.
(Ord. C10-87. Passed 3-16-87; Ord. 24-91. Passed 4-15-91.)
(c) Hospitalization, Surgical, Major Medical.
(1) The City shall provide for the comprehensive hospitalization, surgical, major medical, physician's services coverage and prescription drug coverage as set forth under the master agreement entered into by the City for each eligible employee as defined in Section 161.01 (e). (Ord. C39-02. Passed 6-1-92; Ord. C47-01. Passed 8-6-01.)
(d) Vision Care Plan. The City shall provide vision care coverage for each eligible employee as defined in Section 161.01(e).
(e) Dental Care Plan. The City shall provide dental care coverage for each eligible employee as defined in Section 161.01(e).
(Ord. C39-92. Passed 6-1-92.)
(f) Life Insurance. The City shall provide seventy-five thousand ($75,000) dollars of life insurance for all eligible full-time employees as defined in Section 161.01(e). (Ord. C25-13. Passed 5-6-13.)
(Ord. C10-87. Passed 3-16-87; Ord. C47-01. Passed 8-6-01.)
(g) Payment for Coverage.
(1) The City shall pay eighty-five percent of the monthly premiums for medical coverage, vision coverage and dental coverage. All participants shall pay fifteen percent of the monthly premiums for such coverage. The amounts paid by an eligible employee, as defined in Section 161.01(e), for medical coverage, vision coverage and dental coverage will be deducted from the employee's gross salary for tax purposes as permitted by law.
(2) The total cost to the City shall be certified annually by the Director of Finance and funded within the Annual Appropriation Ordinance.
(h) Employees not taking City Health Insurance, Major Medical and Hospitalization. Employees electing not to take such City insurance coverage and who are not covered under any other City insurance policy for the entire calendar year shall receive the following payment in December for that year: (Ord. C76-10. Passed 12-20-10.)
(1) Employees eligible for family coverage but taking no coverage $2,300;
(2) Employees eligible for family coverage but taking single coverage $1,300;
(3) Employees eligible for single coverage but taking no coverage $1,300.
(i) Other Benefits. Other benefits may be authorized from time to time by the City Administrator if there is no cost to the City. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the City Administrator is authorized to make adjustments to benefits to ensure that all employees in a department or division are treated in a similar fashion. (Ord. C25-13. Passed 5-6-13.)
(Ord. C98-92. Passed 11-2-92; Ord. C86-00. Passed 10-16-00; Ord. C47-01. Passed 8-6-01; Ord. C108-02. Passed 12-2-02; Ord. C10-09. Passed 2-17-09; Ord. C23-15. Passed 4-20-15; Ord. C-33- 16. Passed 5-2-16; Ord. C-34-16. Passed 5-2-16.)