Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A preliminary subdivision plan consists of a preliminary plan drawing and a preliminary improvement plan. The preliminary plan shall show all existing and proposed facilities which are required by these Subdivision Regulations. The preliminary improvement plan may be drawn in plan view only, and it may be drawn on the same drawing as the preliminary plan.
(b) The following requirements shall apply to preliminary plans submitted to the City:
(1) Developers of subdivisions are required to indicate on the drawing the engineering details of all existing and proposed facilities and services, including street pavements, sidewalks, sanitary and storm sewers, water mains and street lighting. These facilities and services shall be designed by an engineer in private practice, who must be a registered professional engineer in the State of Ohio.
(2) Every plan or subdivision improvement plan, when filed with public authorities for review and approval, must bear the stamp of the seal prescribed by the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors in the State of Ohio. Plans not bearing such stamp shall not be given consideration and shall be returned to the developer.
(3) All elevations shown on the preliminary improvement plans and on the final improvement plans shall be referenced to the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Bench Mark System. The location and elevation of bench marks shall be shown on the plans.
(4) All drawings shall be made on sheets twenty-four inches by thirty-six inches in size.
(5) The plan shall be drawn to a scale of twenty feet to the inch or less. The profile shall be drawn to the same scale horizontally and five feet to the inch vertically. However, the same scale shall be maintained throughout any one project. Where necessary, an enlarged drawing shall be made to show details.
(6) The location and size of all existing features and any other data which may be pertinent to the City Engineer in reviewing or checking the plans shall be shown or noted.
(7) The title of the plan must contain the name of the subdivision, the street, road and/or court names, and the City, County and location of the plan. Space shall be provided on the title sheet or the first sheet of the plan for approval by the proper authorities.
(Ord. 97-297. Passed 12-15-97.)