(a) Persons ineligible. No license will be granted if the applicant:
(1) Is not a citizen of the United States or a resident alien, or does not have the legal authority to work within the United States;
(2) Is not of good moral character and repute;
(3) Is not 18 years of age or older on the date the application is submitted to the issuing authority;
(4) Has been convicted of a crime that directly relates to the occupation herein licensed, as defined by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 2, as it may be amended from time to time, and has not shown competent evidence of sufficient rehabilitation and present fitness to perform the duties of the occupation to which this license applies as defined by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 3, as it may be amended from time to time;
(5) Has had a license similar to this Article V’s license revoked by any other government body within three years before the application date;
(6) Has been denied a license by the city because of circumstances, which occurred within three years before the application date;
(8) Has falsified any information or omitted material information required by this Article V; or
(9) Owes taxes or assessments to the state, county, school district or city that are due and delinquent.
(b) Locations ineligible. The following locations shall be ineligible for a license under this Article V:
(1) Taxes due on property. No license will be granted or renewed for operation on any property on which taxes, assessments or other financial claims of the state, county, school district or city are past due, delinquent, or unpaid. In the event a suit has been commenced under M.S. §§ 278.01 through 278.13, as they may be amended from time to time, questioning the amount or validity of taxes, the City Council may, on application, waive strict compliance with this provision; no waiver may be granted, however, for taxes or any portion thereof which remain unpaid for a period exceeding one year after becoming due.
(2) Improper zoning. No license will be granted or renewed if the property is not properly zoned under Chapter 21 of this code unless the use is a legal, nonconforming use.
(Ord. 87, passed 8-20-1956; recodified by Ord. 95-13, passed 8-7-1995; deleted and added by Ord. 2001-49, passed 11-19-2001; deleted and added by Ord. 2007-9, passed 2-26-2007; Ord. 2019-14, passed 2-4-2019)