Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All money distributed to a Participating Candidate shall be used for that Participating Candidate's campaign-related purposes in the election year in which the money was distributed.
(B) A Participating Candidate shall limit total campaign Expenditures and debts to the amount of money distributed to that Participating Candidate from the Fund. A Participating Candidate shall not accept contributions or loans from any other source.
(C) Within two weeks after the regular municipal election, a Participating Candidate shall return to the Clerk for direct deposit into the Fund any amount that is unspent or unencumbered by the date of the municipal election.
(D) A Participating Candidate shall not use revenues from the Fund for personal use including:
(1) salary or payment to an individual unless that individual is providing bona fide services to the campaign and is compensated at fair market value;
(2) admission to a sporting event, concert, theater or other form of entertainment unless part of a specific campaign activity;
(3) dues, fees, parking or gratuities at a country club, health club or other recreational facility unless the costs are part of a specific fundraising event;
(4) mortgage, rent or household utility payments for any part of a personal residence;
(5) purchases of household food items or supplies; or
(6) purchase of clothing, other than items of de minimus value used in the campaign.
(E) A Participating Candidate shall not use revenues distributed from the Fund to:
(1) contribute to any other candidate, political committee or measure;
(2) support or oppose any candidate, political committee or measure not in their race;
(3) use to repay any loans, debts or penalties;
(4) use to pay for consulting services to an individual unless the individual is providing bona fide services to the campaign and is compensated at fair market value; or
(5) use for out-of-state travel.
(Amended at Regular Municipal Election, November 5, 2019.)