Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following uses shall be a principal use when a building or premises is the primary or predominant use of any lot:
(a) Permitted. A building or premises shall be permitted to be used for the following purposes as an RE3 form:
(1) General retail and services.
(3) Public service facility.
(4) Recreational and facility, private.
(5) Cultural facility.
(6) Places of worship.
(7) Dwelling(s) above first story.
(b) Permitted special uses. The following principal uses include the same additional restrictions for all listed uses below. A conditional use with standards within §§ 160.605 et seq. (Conditional Use) may be obtained when the standards for a permitted special use cannot be obtained.
(1) Retail and services, motor vehicle.
A. Sufficient room for drive-through stacking per § 160.555.
B. No automobile drive-through areas including stacking areas oriented to DD/AD forms, but not including circulation areas and parking.
C. Gasoline pumps and islands shall be located more than 12 feet from the nearest property line.
D. Car washes shall be no closer than 250 feet from any DD or AD form.
(2) Off-sale alcoholic beverage establishment beyond 500 feet from any school.
(3) On-sale alcoholic beverage establishment beyond 500 feet from sensitive uses.
(4) Full-service restaurant beyond 250 feet of sensitive uses.
A. Primary care and kenneling shall be contained indoors.
B. Pet exercise and walk areas shall be fenced.
C. The kennel must be at least 1,000 feet from any DD, AD, or MD forms.
(6) Day care center.
A. Adequate and safe playground with sufficient green areas.
B. Safe and convenient access to the day care.
(7) Funeral establishment and/or mortuary placed beyond 250 feet from any DD, AD, or MD forms.
(8) Adult use.
A. 1,000 feet from schools, parks, churches, arcades, and all residential forms.
B. 1,000 feet separation of sexually-oriented businesses from each other.
C. No part of the interior of the sexually-oriented business shall be visible from any pedestrian sidewalk, walkway, street, or other public or semipublic area.
D. Posting of a sign at the entrance that shall state the nature of the business.
(9) Self-storage facility.
A. No on-site working—only for storage.
B. Screen units from street view and greenway areas with a six-foot barrier such as a fence or hedge or orient the garage doors to the interior of the site.
(10) Motor vehicle display and Sales. Parking lots with hard-surfaced areas of greater than one acre [43,560 sq. ft.] shall be no closer than 250 feet from any DD or AD form.
(11) Storage, motor vehicle. Parking lots with hard-surfaced areas of greater than one acre [45,560 sq. ft.] shall be no closer than 250 feet from any DD or AD form.
(Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013; Ord. 34-18, passed 5-2-2018)