Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following fees and charges shall be paid to the San Diego County Fire Authority or the County collection agent for providing the following services:
(a) SCHEDULE OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY FIRE AUTHORITY FEES
Plan Review Fee
Residential Building Permit without Fire Sprinklers
Residential Building Permit with Fire Sprinklers
Commercial Building Permit without Fire Sprinklers
Commercial Building Permit with Fire Sprinklers
Commercial Tenant Improvement
Grading Plan Review/Fire
Gate Plan Review/Fire
Fire Safety/Site Inspection
Fire Alarm System
Alternative Fire Suppression System
(b) OTHER FEES, DEPOSITS AND PROVISIONS.
1. When a project is not specifically listed in the Permit fee table (subsection a) the fee shall be calculated using the standard hourly rates described in subsection (b)(3) of this section.
2. CHARGES FOR SPECIALIZED WORK. Information, maps, circulars and other specialized mapping or GIS-based reports prepared by the San Diego County Fire Authority may be charged for using the standard hourly billing rates listed in subsection (b)(3) of this section.
3. SCHEDULE OF STANDARD HOURLY RATES. Unless otherwise specified, all fees and time and material charges shall be calculated and will be charged using the following standard hourly billing rates:
Fire Prevention Specialist
4. INSPECTIONS OUTSIDE OF NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. When the Fire Code Official approves requests for service outside of normal business hours, such as plan reviews and inspections, the fee shall be calculated using the rate of one and one-half times the standard hourly rate described in subsection 362.4(b)(3).
5. PLAN REVIEW AND INSPECTION FEES FOR RESIDENTIAL TRACTS. When a plan is registered with the Building Official as a Master Plan, fees will be assessed for each unique floor plan for the building and automatic fire sprinkler plan reviews. Each dwelling unit in the phase will be assessed inspection fees. If there are no new unique floor plans in subsequent phases of the residential tract, fees will be assessed for only the inspection of each dwelling unit in the phase.
6. FEE WAIVER FOR STRUCTURES DAMAGED OR DESTROYED BY NATURAL DISASTER. The plan review fee and inspection fees may be waived for an applicant who is rebuilding legally built structures which have been damaged or destroyed by a wildfire or other natural disaster and which are located within the boundaries of a geographic area which has been declared by resolution of the Board of Supervisors to be eligible for this fee waiver. The fee waiver shall not apply to any portion of a new structure which exceeds the square footage of the structure which is being replaced.
7. HOMEOWNER AND BUSINESS OWNERS RELIEF - WAIVER OF PLAN REVIEW AND INSPECTION FEES. Notwithstanding the fees otherwise specified in subsections (a) and (b) of this section, and San Diego County Code Section 91.1.109, the plan check review and inspection fees shall not be charged for improvements identified in subsections (10), (11) and (12) of Section 362.1(d) of the San Diego County Administrative Code, provided the improvement has not been previously identified as a violation by the County.
8. FEE WAIVER FOR DISABLED VETERANS. Notwithstanding the fees otherwise specified in subsections (a) and (b) of this section, the plan check and inspections fees shall be waived for accessibility modifications made to the homes of disabled veterans.
9. AUTHORITY TO WAIVE FEES. The Fire Code Official shall have the authority to waive fees for a project when the scope of work is minor in nature, the plans can be reviewed over the counter without additional research, and will not necessitate an inspection for fire code related issues.
10. APPLICABILITY. This chapter shall be applicable in the unincorporated territory of the County of San Diego, where the County Fire Code Official provides the services, including within a fire protection district or municipal water district which provides fire protection service, if the district has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding or other agreement with the County to provide fire plan review and inspection.
(Added by Ord. No. 10301 (N.S.), effective 1-2-14; amended by Ord. No. 10730 (N.S.), effective 6-17-21)