Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) An alternative site plan application must have all elements that are included before a staff review is completed. If the application does not contain all the elements of an alternative site plan application, then the applicant shall be notified in writing of the specific deficiencies and the application shall not be scheduled for a public hearing until all elements of the application are submitted.
(b) Elements of a complete application include the following:
(1) Site plan. In addition to the following information, plans shall be drawn to scale upon substantial paper or provided electronically and shall be of sufficient clarity to indicate the location, nature, and extent of the work proposed and all work must conform to the provisions of this chapter and all relevant laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations. Alternative site plans require a complete plan check by planning, zoning, and building services prior to obtaining a building permit.
A. The name of the project and/or business.
B. The scale and north arrow.
C. All existing and proposed buildings or additions and uses.
D. Dimensions and total square footage of all buildings. Include height and number of stories.
E. Distance from all building lines to the property lines at the closest points.
F. Dimensions of all property lines including platted property lines.
G. Name and location of all adjacent streets, alleys, waterways, and other public facilities.
H. Name and dimensions of the parking lots; designate each space, stall, and aisle.
I. Include access to public right-of- way in accordance with subdivision ordinance § 157.113 [Streets system].
(2) Additional elements of an application. Each type of alternative site plan requires a different set of information to adequately review the application. Below is additional information by each type of alternative site plan application that is required to be included with an application.
A. Common open space alternative plan.
1. Amount of reduction in front yard.
2. Common open space area plan and description.
B. Landscaping and buffer yard alternative plan.
1. Illustrate and show dimensions of the landscaping alternative options included in § 160.599.
C. Parking reduction alternative plans.
1. Parking study based upon § 160.600(b).
a. Site survey.
b. Information requested by planning and building services director.
2. Parking demand to be generated by the proposed use.
3. Demonstrate how storm water runoff change or other LEED certification efforts will be enhanced with parking reduction.
4. Show on plan how pedestrian access will be enhanced to the site with parking reduction.
D. Signage alternative plans.
1. Show all eligible sign types and the size and design for each of those signs.
2. Show on the site plan the location of all sign types.
E. Streetcar forms alternative plan.
1. Show the sidewalk width that is parallel to the front yard(s).
2. Show the location of any street furniture on the site plan.
3. Show if front doors are recessed when the buildings are adjacent to a front yard sidewalk.
4. Include a scale drawing with the size and location of the proposed structure including the proposed façade's color scheme, window size and placement, and articulation design treatments.
(Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013)