Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following uses shall be a principal use when a building or premises is the primary or predominant use of any lot:
(a) Permitted. A building or premises shall be permitted to be used for the following purposes as an RE5 form:
(1) General retail and services.
(3) Places of worship.
(4) Public service facility.
(5) Recreation facility, private.
(6) Cultural facility.
(7) Dwelling above the first story.
(b) Permitted special uses. The following principal uses include the same additional restrictions for all listed uses below. A conditional use with standards within §§ 160.605 et seq. (Conditional Use) may be obtained when the standards for a permitted special use cannot be obtained.
(1) Retail and services, motor vehicle.
A. Sufficient room for drive-through stacking per § 160.555.
B. No automobile drive-through areas including stacking areas oriented to DD/AD forms, but not including circulation areas and parking.
C. Gasoline pumps and islands shall be located more than 12 feet from the nearest property line.
(2) Off-sale alcoholic beverage establishment placed beyond 500 feet from any schools.
(3) On-sale alcoholic beverage establishment beyond 500 feet from any sensitive uses.
(4) Full-service restaurant beyond 250 feet of sensitive uses.
(5) Day care center.
A. Adequate and safe playground with sufficient green areas.
B. Safe and convenient access to the day care.
(6) Funeral establishment or mortuary beyond 300 feet from DD, AD and MD forms.
(7) Adult use.
A. Placed beyond 1,000 feet from any sensitive land uses.
B. 1,000 feet separation of sexually-oriented businesses from each other.
C. No part of the interior of the sexually-oriented business shall be visible from any pedestrian sidewalk, walkway, street, or other public or semipublic area.
D. Posting of a sign at the entrance that shall state the nature of the business.
(8) Self-storage facility.
A. No on-site working—only for storage.
B. Screen units from street view and greenway areas.
(9) Motor vehicle sales, display, and rental. Parking lots with hard-surfaced areas of greater than one acre [43,560 sq. ft.] shall be no closer than 250 feet from any DD or AD form.
(10) Storage, motor vehicle. Parking lots with hard-surfaced areas of greater than one acre [43,560 sq. ft.] shall be no closer than 250 feet from any AD or DD form.
(Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013; Ord. 34-18, passed 5-2-2018)