Skip to code content (skip section selection)
All private swimming pools shall be regulated according to the following requirements:
1. Swimming pools shall be permitted to be located only to the rear of the principal permitted dwelling or dwellings.
2. Except as herein provided, no swimming pool, including the apparatus and equipment pertaining to the operation of the swimming pool shall be permitted within any required yards of the lot and shall be a minimum of three (3) feet from any side yard lot line, nor within the limits of any public utility right of way easement.
3. The swimming pool or the property on which the pool is located shall be surrounded by a fence or wall (only classes 1, 3, 4, and 5 are permitted as regulated in Article XII of this Ordinance) at least five (5) four (4) feet in height but not exceeding a height of seven (7) feet and of such construction that a small child may not reach the pool from the street or from any adjacent property without opening a door or gate or scaling a wall or fence.
4. Glare from floodlights used to illuminate the swimming pool area for night bathing shall be directed away from adjacent properties.
5. All swimming pools including the apparatus and equipment pertaining to the operation of the swimming pool shall be constructed and erected in accordance with all applicable codes, ordinances and regulations of the City of Newport. Any water used in the operation of a swimming pool, other than from a public source, shall be approved of by the appropriate Health Department.