Skip to code content (skip section selection)
All public, semipublic and commercial swimming pools shall be regulated according to the following requirements:
1. Except as herein provided, no swimming pool including the apparatus and equipment pertaining to the operation of the swimming pool shall be permitted within any required yards of the lot, or closer than twenty-five (25) feet from any abutting property, or within the limits of any public utility right of way easement.
2. The swimming pool or the property which the pool is located shall be surrounded by a fence or wall (only classes 1, 3, 4, and 5 are permitted as regulated by Article XII of this Ordinance) at least five (5) four (4) feet in height, but not exceeding the height as herein required, and of such construction that a small child may not reach the pool from the street or from any adjacent property without opening a door or gate or scaling a wall or fence.
3. Glare from floodlights used to illuminate the swimming pool area for night bathing shall be directed away from adjacent properties.
4. All swimming pools including the apparatus and equipment pertaining to the operation of the swimming pool shall be constructed and erected in accordance with all applicable codes, ordinances and regulations of the City of Newport. Any water used in the operation of a swimming pool, other than from a public source, shall be approved of by the appropriate Health Department.
5. No mechanical device for the reproduction or amplification of sounds used in connection with swimming pools shall create a nuisance to adjacent residential properties through the emission of noise, voices, or music which is loud enough to cause complaints from said adjacent residential property owners.