Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Seniority shall be deemed to mean length of continuous service with the city since the employee's most recent date of hire. Full-time employees must complete a six-month probationary period in order to acquire seniority rights. Only full-time regular employees possess seniority rights.
(B) Employees shall lose seniority rights for the following reasons:
(1) Voluntarily leaving the service of the city.
(2) Discharge for proper cause, subject to the complaint procedure.
(3) Overstaying an excused absence or a leave of absence or accepting other employment while on an excused absence or leave of absence. If extenuating circumstances make it impossible to meet this requirement, consideration will be given.
(4) Absence from work for more than three consecutive work days without notification.
(5) A layoff in excess of 12 continuous months.
(6) Failure to report for work within five days after being recalled from layoff. Recalls shall be by certified or registered mail.
(Ord. 1982-6, passed - - )