Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) License Required. No person shall engage in the business of providing a valet service within the City unless and until licensed in accordance with this chapter.
(b) License Application. Every applicant for a license to operate a valet service shall make application in writing to the Commissioner of Assessments and Licenses, which shall include an application fee of fifty-five dollars ($55.00) and set forth or include the following:
(1) The name and address of the applicant, and if a partnership, the names and addresses of all partners, and if a corporation, the name, date and state under which incorporated, and the names and addresses of the officers of the applicant and its statutory agent, if any;
(2) The name, address, and parking place license number issued pursuant to Chapter 457 of the Codified Ordinances of each parking facility used in connection with the applicant valet service’s operations;
(3) A sworn statement of compliance with Chapter 196 of the Codified Ordinances;
(4) A certificate of insurance evidencing insurance coverage as prescribed by division (c) of this section;
(5) Such other information as the Commissioner deems pertinent or necessary to carry into effect the provisions of this chapter.
(c) Insurance Required. Each applicant shall furnish, at the time of application, a policy or certificate of insurance, by an insurance carrier licensed to do business in the State, acceptable to and approved by the Commissioner and the Director of Law, evidencing the applicant as the insured on a comprehensive general liability insurance policy in an amount not less than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00). The insured shall provide the City with written notice of cancellation no less than ten (10) days before the date the policy is to be cancelled or terminated.
(d) Issuance. Upon approval of the application, the Commissioner of Assessments and Licenses shall issue the license and, as evidence thereof, a certificate bearing the license number and applicant information. The license, or a copy of the license, shall be required to be maintained on the premises of operation and made immediately available to patrons and/or representatives of the City upon request.
(e) Term. All licenses issued under this chapter shall be valid for the calendar year for which such license is issued, expiring on the thirty-first day of December of the year for which such license is issued, unless sooner revoked by the Commissioner.
(f) License Non-Transferable. No license issued pursuant to this chapter shall be assigned or transferrable to any other person.
(g) Renewal. The Commissioner of Assessments and Licenses shall accept renewal applications at least fifteen (15) days before the expiration of the license being renewed.
(Ord. No. 1749-09. Passed 12-7-09, eff. 12-9-09)