Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The planning and zoning board shall adopt its rules of procedure not in conflict with this code, village resolutions and ordinances or Illinois statutes, and may select or appoint such other officers as it deems necessary. The planning and zoning board shall keep minutes of its proceedings showing the vote of each member upon each question, or if absent or failing to vote, indicating such fact. (1976 Code § 150.017)
1. Regular: Meetings shall be regularly scheduled one weekday evening each month at a time and place as designated by the planning and zoning board; and in addition, the planning and zoning board shall hold meetings at the call of the chair and at such other times as the planning and zoning board or the corporate authorities may determine.
2. Cancellation And Adjournment: The combined planning and zoning board may, for cause, at any regularly scheduled monthly meeting or special meeting, adjourn or cancel a future regularly scheduled monthly meeting or a special meeting by a favorable vote of a majority of the members attending said regular or special meeting.
In the alternative, if it becomes apparent to the chair of the planning and zoning board that prior to any regular scheduled meeting or special meeting that a quorum will not be present at said meeting or there are no petitions, motions, applications, etc., ready for a regularly scheduled meeting or special meeting, the chair of the combined planning and zoning board may unilaterally cancel said future meeting by either a written notice to the members or, if time does not permit, by telephone notice to the members.
1. All hearings required to be conducted by the board shall be open to the public. Any person may appear and testify at a hearing, either in person or by duly authorized agent or attorney. All testimony shall be given under oath. The chair or vice chair, or his designee, shall administer oaths and may compel the attendance of witnesses.
2. No hearing shall be held without a quorum of the planning and zoning board, consisting of a majority of the members, being present. (Ord. 99-10-22, 10-18-1999)
3. Any formerly absent member who certifies in writing that he has read the file on any pending proceedings and any written transcript thereof, may vote upon any question presently before the board.
4. Every rule or regulation, every amendment or repeal thereof and every order, requirement, decision or determination of the planning and zoning board shall be immediately filed in the office of the village clerk and shall be a public record.
5. The concurring vote of four (4) members of the planning and zoning board shall be necessary to reverse any order, requirement, decision or determination of an administrative official, or to decide in favor of an applicant regarding any matter upon which it is required to pass under this code or to affect any variation or to recommend any variation or modification to the zoning ordinance or to make a text amendment pursuant to section 10-15-4 of this code. (1976 Code § 150.017)
C. Records: The board shall keep written records of its proceedings, which shall be open at all times to public inspection, and shall also file an annual report with the mayor and village board of trustees, setting forth its transactions and recommendations. (1976 Code § 34.025)