Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following general regulations shall apply to all zoning districts.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, no building shall be erected, converted, enlarged, reconstructed or structurally altered, nor shall any structure or land be used:
(1) Except for a purpose permitted in the district in which the structure or land is located.
(2) Except in conformance with the height and minimum lot requirements, and the parking, loading, stacking and sign regulations, and any other applicable requirements of the district in which the structure or land is located.
(3) Except in conformance with any federal, state, or municipal codes as may be applicable. Where this chapter and another ordinance conflict or overlap, whichever imposes the more stringent restrictions shall prevail.
(b) The density and yard regulations of this chapter are minimum regulations for each and every building existing at the effective date of this chapter or for any building hereafter erected or structurally altered. No land required for yards or other open spaces about an existing building or any building hereafter erected or structurally altered shall be considered a yard or lot area for more than one building.
(c) Every building hereafter erected or structurally altered shall be located on a lot as herein defined, and in no case shall there be more than one main building on a lot except as otherwise provided in this chapter.
(d) Cooperatives, condominiums and all other forms of property ownership do not affect the provisions of these regulations; and all requirements shall be observed as though the property were under single ownership.
(e) All inhabited and occupied manufactured homes shall conform to one of the following:
(1) Used as a dwelling and located in a licensed manufactured home park operating under a valid license.
(2) Used as a dwelling and located in a MH residential district or PD planned development district.
(3) Used as a dwelling associated with a farm in conformance with § 160.052.
(4) Used as a temporary office or shelter on a construction or development site.
(5) Used as a temporary business office when approved pursuant to § 104(e) of the Uniform Building Code.
(6) Used as a temporary dwelling as specified in § 160.672(c)(2).
(7) Used as a caretaker quarters in the AG agricultural district and RC recreation/conservation district.
(8) A. Used as a sales office at a location where manufactured homes or manufactured homes are offered for sale when approved pursuant to § 104(e) of the Uniform Building Code.
B. A manufactured home not in conformance with one of the above shall not be occupied or inhabited, nor shall it be connected to utilities, except when being displayed for sale by a dealer or manufacturer.
(1992 Code, App. B, § 15.73.010) (Ord. 42-83, passed 6-27-1983; Ord. 90-92, passed 10-5-1992; Ord. 103-94, passed 11-21-1994; Ord. 94-95, passed 7-3-1995; Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013)