Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A vacancy shall occur on the happening of any of the following events before the expiration of the term:
(1) The death of the incumbent.
(2) The resignation of the incumbent.
(3) Voluntary recusal of an incumbent from a matter based on a conflict of interest.
(4) Absence from any proceeding where a quorum could not be established.
(5) Or for any reason specified in Government Code Section 1770.
When a vacancy occurs as the result of recusal or absence both the member and the nominating authority shall be notified by the Director of the Department of Environmental Health and Quality. Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as the initial appointment when a vacancy occurs. If a vacancy occurs, a new appointee shall serve for the unexpired term of the member being replaced.
(Added by Ord. No. 10241 (N.S.), effective 1-4-13; amended by Ord. No. 10708 (N.S.), effective 1-15-21)