Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) No person, whether licensed or unlicensed, shall carry any concealed deadly weapon, as that term is defined in Kentucky Revised Statutes, in any portion of a building owned, leased, or controlled by the City of Danville.
(2) This prohibition shall apply to employees of the city as well as to the public at large.
(b) Exceptions. This prohibition shall not apply to:
(1) Peace officers, law enforcement and other persons exempted by the provisions of KRS 527.020 or KRS 237.110(16)(d); or
(2) Any building used for public housing by private persons, highway rest areas, firing ranges, and private dwellings owned, leased, or controlled by the City of Danville.
(c) Posting of notices. The city manager shall be responsible for posting, at the entrance to any city-owned, city-leased or city-occupied building or portion of a building in which the carrying of concealed deadly weapons is prohibited or limited, a sign clearly identifying the restricted area and stating that the carrying of concealed deadly weapons is prohibited.
(1) Any person violating this section shall be denied entrance to the building or ordered to leave the building.
(2) Any city employee violating this section shall be subject to disciplinary measures, up to and including dismissal from employment.
(Ord. No. 1799, §§ 1 - 4, 12-12-11)