Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall stop or park a vehicle except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic-control device, in the following places:
(1) On a sidewalk;
(2) In front of sidewalk ramps provided for persons with disabilities;
(3) In front of a public or private driveway;
(4) Within an intersection;
(5) At any place where official signs prohibit stopping or parking;
(6) Within thirty (30) feet upon the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign or traffic control signal located at the side of a roadway;
(7) At any place where a yellow curb is marked/placed in accordance with section 17-5 of this Code; or
(8) At any place designated parking by permit only, unless that person displays a valid permit on the vehicle’s rear view mirror.
(b) No person shall move a vehicle not lawfully under his control into any such prohibited area.
(Code 1977, § 50.080; Ord. No. 1359, § 1, 1-28-86; Ord. No. 1526, § 1, 4-22-97; Ord. No. 1918, §1, 7-9-18)
State law reference--Similar provisions, KRS 189.450(4), (5).