Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The City ABC Administrator may refuse to issue or renew a license for any of the following reasons:
(1) Causes for refusal to issue or renew a license and for suspension or revocation of a city license shall be the same as provided for state licenses according to KRS 243.450, 243.490 and 243.500, as well as violation of any city ordinance regarding alcohol beverage licensing, sales or the administration thereof.
(2) If the applicant has done any act for which a revocation of license would be authorized; or
(3) If the applicant has made any false material statement in his or her application.
(b) In the case of quota licenses, before approving an application, the City ABC Administrator is hereby directed to consider, in addition to the factors set out in KRS 243.450, 243.490 and 243.500, and any other factors the Administrator determines in his or her discretion to be reasonable and pertinent to the license application, the following criteria:
(1) Ownership. The City of Danville places great value on business owners who are invested in the Danville community.
(2) Economic Impact. The City of Danville desires businesses which make the most positive impact on the community, in number of jobs, payroll, property investment and revenues to the city.
(3) Site of Business. The City of Danville is interested in serving all geographic areas of the city. Therefore, the city does not wish to cluster all licensed ABC outlets in one area.
(4) Aesthetics. The City of Danville is committed to protecting the character and beauty of our community.
(5) Revitalization of Downtown. The City of Danville wholeheartedly supports the revitalization of downtown and the revitalization and reuse of existing buildings.
(6) Capital. The City of Danville values businesses that demonstrate their ability to financially support and sustain their viability.
(7) Public support of licensed business in the area. The City of Danville intends that public sentiment and safety be considered in deciding upon the approval of retail liquor sales licenses in any area of the city.
(c) An applicant who has been refused a license by the City ABC Administrator may appeal the refusal to the ABC Board pursuant to KRS 241.200.
(Ord. No. 1765, 4-12-10)