Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Medical benefits.
(1) The village provides an eligible employee and his or her dependents with medical insurance as set forth in the governing medical insurance policy at a cost to be determined from time to time by the Board. Employees terminating employment with the village are entitled to participate in the village's medical insurance program at their own cost as set forth in the village's governing medical insurance policy. The village's medical insurance program is subject to change without notice.
(2) The village shall extend the benefit of medical insurance coverage to retired personnel who meet the following guidelines as of the date of their retirement:
(a) The employee must have worked a minimum of ten years for the village.
(b) The employee must have been insured under the approved village plan for a minimum of five years.
(c) The employee must be a minimum of 60 years of age the date of their retirement.
(d) The employee may be covered under this plan to a maximum age of 65.
(B) Retirement benefits.
(1) Retirement benefits for employees, other than police officers and the Chief of Police, are provided by the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). Employees qualify for participation in the IMRF as set forth in the participation rules and regulations; the village has no control over these rules and regulations and they are subject to change without notice.
(2) Police officers and the Chief of Police are entitled to benefits under Article 3 of the Illinois Pension Code, exclusively as determined by the Board of Trustees of the Police Pension Fund of the village.
(C) Clothing allowance.
(1) The Chief of Police and full-time employees, other than office employees, are entitled to replacement uniform items purchased by the village in an amount up to $350 each year beginning in the January after the eligible employee's first full year of employment.
(2) For each newly hired eligible employee, the village shall purchase, from vendors selected by the department head, the uniform items set forth in Appendix A to Ordinance 92-11. The newly hired employee shall within ten days of being hired provide at his or her own expense the uniform items set forth in Appendix B to Ordinance 92-11. Upon termination, a employee may keep items of clothing but is expected to return all other items set forth on Appendix A to the village.
(Ord. 92-11, passed 4-28-92; Am. Ord. 97-34, passed 8-5-97; Am. Ord. 02-55, passed 1-14-03)