Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In addition to the general application requirements listed in § 154-19.02, the following information shall be submitted. Elevations from all exterior sides drawn to scale showing the building prior to and after installation or elevations drawn to scale showing the plant or natural feature that the facility will mimic from four cardinal directions.
(B) In addition to the general development standards listed in § 154-19.03, the following development standards shall apply:
(1) Must be capable of mimicking an indigenous plant form, natural feature or existing architectural feature. All concealed and disguised facilities are subject to the approval of the Zoning Administrator. The decision of the Zoning Administrator may be appealed to the Design and Historic Review Commission;
(Ord. O2009-54, passed 10-21-2009)
(2) Concealed/disguised personal wireless communication facilities may add up to 12 feet to the height to any architectural feature and/or may increase the area of the structure up to 20% of its original size. All altered architectural features are subject to the height limitations of the zoning district in which the property is located;
(3) All disguised and concealed personal wireless communications facilities must blend into the existing environment to the greatest degree possible. Architecture or natural materials used to mimic colors, plants or vegetation found native to southwest Arizona;
(4) All personal wireless communications facilities disguised as natural features cannot exceed the normal size and bulk of the mimicked plant or feature; and
(5) Any disguised freestanding towers must be set back a minimum one foot for every one foot in height of the structure (1:1) from any residential use or zone, arterial street, state or federal highway or any hillside (slope of 10% or greater).
(Ord. O2000-35, passed 6-21-2000; Ord. O2010-32, passed 7-7-2010)