Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Information to be submitted. In addition to the general application requirements listed in § 154-19.02, the following information shall be submitted:
(1) Elevations from each cardinal direction drawn to scale;
(2) A rooftop plan, drawn to scale, showing all appurtenances, their dimensions and the percentage of the roof area used; and
(3) A visual study showing how the base station/equipment cabinet will be screened from the view of a pedestrian on the opposite side of any adjacent public rights-of-way and from any side and rear property lines.
(B) Development standards. In addition to the general development standards listed in § 154-19.03, the following development standards shall apply:
(1) No one antenna or base station can be greater than 10% of the roof area and total roof appurtenances cannot exceed 25% of the roof area;
(2) Roof-mounted base station and associated equipment must be screened from the view of a pedestrian on the opposite side of any adjacent public rights-of-way and from any side and rear property lines;
(3) A roof-mounted antenna or related base station may be 20 feet high or the height of the antenna or related base station may be equal to or less than the value of 0.5% of the building footprint, whichever is taller, not to exceed 100 feet total height or the building height limitations of the zoning district, whichever is lower. The building footprint is defined as the gross first floor square footage of the building. Attached parking structures, shade structures and the like are not considered a part of the building footprint unless they are enclosed by walls and a roof structure (i.e., a building with a 10,000 square foot building footprint would be permitted to install a 50 foot high wireless facility (0.005 x 10,000), subject to the height limits of the zoning district);
(4) Buildings which exceed the height limitations of the district that they are located in at the time of the enactment of this article, may place a personal wireless facility on the roof, not to exceed 20 feet in height above the roof, subject to the remaining requirements of this article;
(5) No roof surface may be extended for the sole purpose of achieving additional antenna height. An increase in the building footprint may allow for additional antenna height; and
(6) All roof-mounted antenna arrays are limited to a four foot maximum diameter except for those antennas located in Industrial Districts where antenna arrays are limited to an eight foot maximum diameter.
(C) Encouraged and prohibited structures.
(1) Whip antennas and other unobtrusive antennas are encouraged.
(2) Lattice towers are permitted for roof-mounted personal wireless facilities only in Industrial Districts and the General Commercial (B-2) District except when the Aesthetic Overlay District is applied to properties with such zoning. In those instances lattice towers are not permitted for roof-mounted personal wireless communications facilities and in all other locations the use of lattice towers is prohibited.
(Ord. O2000-35, passed 6-21-2000; Ord. O2002-09, passed 2-20-2002; Ord. O2010-32, passed 7-7-2010)