Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In addition to the general application requirements listed in § 154-19.02, the following information shall be submitted:
(1) An elevation, drawn to scale, of the wall the antenna is to be mounted to; and
(2) A cross section of the wall, drawn to scale, showing the protrusion of the antenna and associated materials.
(B) In addition to the general development standards listed in § 154-19.03, the following development standards shall apply.
(1) All wall-mounted antennas, except for wall strapped facilities, on any facade, may not protrude more than 12 inches from the wall and must be painted and textured to blend with the wall that it is attached to.
(2) All wall-mounted antennas on any facade, except for wall strapped facilities, must be located a minimum of 12 inches below the roof line.
(3) Wall strapping is permitted only in the Industrial Districts and the General Commercial (B-2) District and size is strictly limited to monopoles of a two inch diameter or less and lattice structures of a 24-inch diameter or less (see permitted uses). The height of the strapped structure may be 20 feet high or the height of the antenna or related base station may be equal to or less than the value of 0.5% of the building footprint, whichever is taller, not to exceed 100 feet total height or the building height limitations of the zoning district, whichever is lower. Any structures that are strapped to an exterior wall for support and exceed the roof line must be located the greatest distance possible from any adjacent public right-of-way.
(4) No existing roof line may be altered solely to accommodate additional antenna height.
(5) Only panel or whip antenna are permitted for direct mounting to a wall surface. Wall strapped facilities may use a wire parabolic/dish antenna. Antenna arrays for wall strapped facilities shall be limited to a two foot maximum diameter.
(Ord. O2000-35, passed 6-21-2000; Ord. O2002-09, passed 2-20-2002; Ord. O2010-32, passed 7-7-2010)