Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The city council has authorized the director of planning and development services to grant minor modification of the setback and landscaping regulations of any form based upon the following standards. Minor modifications are intended to allow very narrow changes that do not change the performance of the required yards or required buffer yard berms.
(a) Types. The following types of modifications are allowed.
(1) The modification is a maximum of 10% or less than 1 foot whichever is less of the setback requirement.
(2) Buffer yard berms may be reduced or eliminated if differences in topography of the adjacent sites perform the same as the required berm would.
(3) Allow required landscape units to be placed outside the required yard if located within a drainage, electrical, or gas easement.
(b) Standards. The following standards must be reached before approving a modification.
(1) The applicant must justify the extenuating circumstances and show good cause for the modification.
(2) The modification does not alter significantly the intent of the zoning ordinance regulations.
(Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013; Ord. 37-19, passed 4-2-2019)