Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The County Official may approve grading plans or improvement plans for a project for which a discretionary land use approval has previously been granted, where he or she determines that:
(1) The work substantially conforms to that shown on preliminary grading plans which were reviewed as part of an approved and unexpired tentative map, tentative parcel map, use permit or other land development application;
In determining whether the proposed grading substantially complies with grading plans or improvement plans approved pursuant to Section 87.204 through 87.208, project change(s) required to comply with changes in State or Federal regulatory requirements shall be provided a 10 percent change allowance in addition to the substantial conformance determination if all of the following are met:
(a) It shall be determined that the project change(s) do not result in a new or substantially increased significant impact in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
(b) It shall be determined that the project change(s) do not result in the creation of a situation that would be detrimental to the health, safety, or welfare of the public.
(c) It shall be determined that the project change(s) do not result in the elimination of project features required to meet other County of San Diego code requirements, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Elimination of a trail that provides a connection through the project that is needed for regional connectivity.
(2) Reduction in the overall amount of parkland approved with the original project.
(3) Elimination of roads that are needed for emergency access, travel time, or to handle the traffic generated by the project.
(4) Reduction of area needed for required water supply well or onsite wastewater treatment system and reserve area.
(2) An analysis is conducted pursuant to Section 15162 of Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations, to determine whether the effects of such grading were analyzed in the environmental review of such approved land development application, and whether further environmental documentation is necessary;
(3) The grading complies with Title 6, Division 7, Chapter 8 of this code.
(4) Sections 87.212 and 87.213, regarding specified sensitive areas, have been complied with;
(5) If the grading will involve waters, rivers, streams or lakes, as referenced in Section 87.214, the applicant has submitted documentation of compliance with the requirements of that Section;
(6) The grading or improvement plans identify any environmental mitigation measures or other conditions which were required by the previous approval to be completed prior to issuance of a grading permit, and makes these conditions which must be fulfilled prior to issuance of a grading permit;
(7) All conditions of the previous approval which were required to be completed prior to approval of grading plans or improvement plans have been fulfilled;
(8) Dust control measures will be employed, sufficient to comply with Section 87.428; and
(9) The grading complies with the design standards stated in Chapter 4 of this Division.
(b) The application shall be accompanied by plans showing a vicinity sketch, property lines, location of all structures in the area to be graded, including those on land of others if within fifteen feet, contours showing the topography of the existing ground, elevations, dimensions, location, extent and slopes of all proposed grading, the location, extent and square footage of the total area to be cleared of vegetation, all areas proposed to be subjected to any "Land Disturbance Activity" (as that term is defined in Section 67.802 of this Code), and all watercourses located on site.
(Added by Ord. No. 9547 (N.S.), effective 5-9-03; amended by Ord. No. 9926 (N.S.), effective 4-11-08; amended by Ord. No. 10745 (N.S.), effective 10-1-21)