Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The parking or standing on streets in residential areas of commercial vehicles having a manufacturer's gross weight rating of 10,000 pounds or more is hereby prohibited.
(b) This ordinance shall not apply under the following conditions:
(1) When such vehicle is loading or unloading property.
(2) When such vehicle is parked in connection with and in aid of the performance of a service to or on a property within the residential area.
(3) When such vehicle is engaged in the construction, installation, repair or maintenance of a publicly or privately owned utility facility located within the residential area.
(4) When the area contains property used for commercial or industrial purposes and such vehicle is parked on the property or on the highway contiguous to the commercial/ industrial property.
(5) When the Board of Supervisors has determined by resolution that the parking of such vehicles on certain residential streets or portions thereof shall be permitted and the Road Commissioner has appropriately signed or marked such streets or portions thereof.
(c) For purposes of this ordinance a residential area shall be defined as that portion of a highway and the property contiguous thereto on one or both sides of which highway, the contiguous property is occupied by a residential dwelling unit (single or multi-family dwelling units, including apartments or condominiums).
(Added by Ord. No. 4937 (N.S.), effective 7-21-77; amended by Ord. No. 9112 (N.S.), effective 1-14-00; amended by Ord. No. 9905 (N.S.), effective 1-4-08)