Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Director may find that any of the following substandard conditions or a combination thereof is so extensive and of such a nature that the immediate health and safety of the tenants in the rental residence is endangered:
(1) Inadequate sanitation or an unsanitary condition.
(2) Continued reliance on a defective or failed sewage system that has caused an unsanitary condition within the prior 30 days.
(3) A lack of potable piped water, unless the water supply to the residence has been shut off due to nonpayment by a tenant obligated under a written lease to pay for water. "Potable piped water" does not include water hauled to the site.
(4) Hazardous wiring, including any wiring that poses an increased risk of fire or of electrical shock because it is substandard.
(5) Structural hazards that pose a risk of collapse.
(6) Leaking or substandard gas plumbing.
(b) The Director may find that any unsanitary condition that is a public nuisance constitutes an immediate threat to the health and safety of the public.
(Added by Ord. No. 10100 (N.S.), effective 1-7-11; amended by Ord. No. 10412 (N.S.), effective 2-26-16)