Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A person applying to enter into an SWMA with the County shall file an application on a form provided by the Director. As part of the application process the applicant shall submit to a background investigation conducted by the Sheriff's department. The Director shall review the completed application and may request other County departments as the Director deems necessary to review and comment on the application. The application shall not be considered complete until the applicant provides all information the Director requests.
(b) The application shall specify the areas where the applicant is applying to provide service and which types of service the applicant is seeking to provide for each area, such as residential, commercial/industrial roll-off or commercial/industrial bins or any combination of these types of service.
(c) All collector applications shall include:
(1) The applicant's name and address.
(2) If the applicant is not an individual, the name and address of each partner, owner, officer and trustee of the entity, whichever is applicable, and each person's percentage of ownership or interest. Publicly held corporations shall supply proof of corporate entity, the names of each local officer and each location where the corporation maintains an office in San Diego County.
(3) A description of each truck and piece of equipment, including the model, year, license plate number and vehicle identification number, that the applicant owns or is under the applicant's control for the collection or transportation of solid waste that the applicant will use to provide service. The applicant shall also provide with the description of the trucks and equipment, a statement under penalty of perjury as to the mechanical condition of each truck and piece of equipment and whether at the time of the application the truck or piece of equipment meets the standards required by 14 CCR sections 17341 to 17345 and this chapter.
(4) Facts demonstrating that: (A) the applicant owns or has access to suitable facilities for keeping vehicles and equipment clean and in good repair, (B) the applicant's storage yard and maintenance facilities will be located in an area zoned for the use and close enough to adequately serve the area where the applicant proposes to collect solid waste and (C) the applicant owns or has access to adequate office and billing facilities.
(5) A statement of the applicant's qualifications and experience in collecting or transporting solid waste.
(6) Proof that the applicant has adequate insurance that complies with the minimum requirement of the County SWMA.
(7) Any additional information the Director determines is necessary to completely evaluate and process the application.
(Amended by Ord. No. 7920 (N.S.), effective 7-11-91; amended by Ord. No. 8790 (N.S.), effective 4-29-97; amended by Ord. No. 8866 (N.S.), effective 1-6-98; amended by Ord. No. 9075 (N.S.), effective 9-10-99; amended by Ord. No. 9495 (N.S.), effective 9-13-02; amended by Ord. No. 10036 (N.S.), effective 2-26-10)