Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The purpose of this Chapter is to protect water resources and to improve water quality by controlling the stormwater conveyance system and receiving waters; to cause the use of management practices by the County and its citizens that will reduce the adverse effects of non-stormwater and polluted stormwater discharges to the stormwater conveyance system and receiving waters; to secure benefits from the use of stormwater as a resource; and to ensure the County is compliant with applicable state and federal law and California Regional Water Quality Control Board Order No. R9-2013-0001, NPDES No. CAS0109266 as amended by Order Numbers R9-2015-0001 and R9-2015-0100.
(b) The requirements of this Chapter are specifically intended to implement a Jurisdictional Runoff Management Program in accordance with California Regional Water Quality Control Board Order No. R9-2013-0001, NPDES No. CAS0109266. To the extent necessary to ensure compliance with this order, this Ordinance shall require the following:
(1) Prohibit non-stormwater discharges to the stormwater conveyance system and receiving waters unless otherwise authorized by this Chapter.
(2) Establish requirements to prevent and reduce pollution to water resources.
(3) Establish requirements for development project site design to prevent non- stormwater discharges to the stormwater conveyance system and reduce stormwater pollution and erosion.
(4) Establish requirements for the management of stormwater flows from development projects to prevent erosion and to protect and enhance existing water-dependent habitats.
(5) Establish standards for the use of off-site facilities, when permissible, for stormwater management to supplement on-site practices at new development sites.
(6) Establish notice procedures and standards for adjusting stormwater and non- stormwater management requirements, where necessary.
(Added by Ord. No. 9424 (N.S.), effective 2-20-02; amended by Ord. No. 9926 (N.S.), effective 4-11-08; amended by Ord. No. 10096 (N.S.), effective 1-7-11; amended by Ord. No. 10385 (N.S.), effective 6-12-15; amended by Ord. No. 10410 (N.S.), effective 2-26-16)