Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Board shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
1) To review and make recommendations on new policies and programs within the Health and Human Services Agency. Any policy or program advice by the Committee which impacts the administration of the County will be referred to the Chief Administrative Officer for his or her review and comment.
2) To review the Health and Human Services Agency's annual budget and provide written comments and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and the Director of the Health and Human Services Agency.
3) To examine the variables which impact access to health care and to develop an integrated set of recommendations aimed at an improved health care delivery system. Develop recommendations which enhance coordination of the local health care system.
4) To review current and proposed health-related legislation and recommend support, opposition or propose change to the Board of Supervisors, and the Director of the Health and Human Services Agency to pursue further action through appropriate legislative channels.
5) To solicit and provide a forum for public input, advice, and proposed solutions and alternatives on critical health issues and problems in the community and faced by the County government.
6) To serve as the designated nominating authority for membership on designated advisory committees and forward these nominations to the Board of Supervisors for appointment.
7) To assist the Director of the Health and Human Services Agency in assessing those community issues which could result in a fiscal impact on the County government, and making recommendations regarding such impacts.
8) To perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Supervisors.
(Added by Ord. No. 8123 (N.S.), effective 9-3-92; amended by Ord. No. 8509 (N.S.), effective 4-6-95; amended by Ord. No. 8835 (N.S.), effective 11-6-97; amended by Ord. No. 9070 (N.S.), effective 9-9-99; amended by Ord. No. 9894 (N.S.), effective 12-6-07; amended by Ord. No. 10371 (N.S.), effective 2-26-15)