Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(b) Reimbursement for necessary expenses incurred in performing the foregoing duties, irrespective of the nature or type of expense, other than travel expenses, shall be claimed by members of the Board pursuant to the provisions of these rules and regulations even though other County Administrative Code provisions may be applicable. No expenses incurred in performing such duties shall be reimbursable unless a statement of expense showing (a) the name of the member of the Board and (b) the amount of the expense, date the expense was incurred and a general description of the subject matter giving rise to the expense is filed with the Auditor and Controller on forms to be prescribed by the Auditor and Controller within 30 days of the date the expense was incurred. The filing of a claim in accordance with the provisions of this Administrative Code within such 30 day period shall be deemed to be in compliance with the provisions of this section requiring the filing of a statement of expense.
(c) All claims for reimbursement subject to this section shall be on forms prescribed by the Auditor and Controller and shall include the following information:
(1) Description - An adequate description of the nature of the expense claimed and the date and time involved.
(2) Location and Payee - Identification of location where expense was incurred and identification of person or corporation paid, e.g., name and location of restaurant if meal expense was incurred.
(3) Purpose - A description of the purpose for which the expense was incurred and the nature of the County business conducted.
(4) Identification - The designation by name and affiliation of other individuals or groups involved and on behalf of whom an expense was incurred and for which reimbursement is being claimed.
(5) Amount - The amount claimed. Documentation (invoice, credit card charge slip, etc.) verifying that the expense was incurred should be submitted for all expenditures and must be submitted for all expenditures in excess of $25 for which reimbursement is claimed.
(d) Limitation in Expense. No expense in excess of $300 incurred for any one event for which reimbursement is sought pursuant to these rules and regulations shall be incurred without prior approval of or ratification by the Board of Supervisors.
(e) Limitation on Total Expenses. The Board of Supervisors shall by resolution establish the maximum dollar limit which any Supervisor and/or the Supervisor's Chief of Staff or Legislative Assistant may claim during a specified time period.
(f) Provisions of this section do not apply to travel expenses.
(Added by Ord. No. 3658 (N.S.), adopted 3-16-71; amended by Ord. No. 4166 (N.S.), effective 10-25-73; amended by Ord. No. 4777 (N.S.), effective 11-25-76; amended by Ord. No. 9259 (N.S.), effective 11-9-00; amended by Ord. No. 10447 (N.S.), effective 12-15-16)