Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Except as otherwise provided by the County Charter and general law, the CAO shall have the power to approve the initiation and renewal of Revenue Contracts and the application for and acceptance of Grants to the County:
(1) When the anticipated income or value from the Revenue Contract for the ensuing 12 months, or the amount of the Grant, does not exceed $250,000;
(2) When Government Code Section 29130 is not applicable to require specific authorization by the Board;
(3) When the terms of the Revenue Contract or Grant do not require the addition of positions or staff years; and
(4) When approval by the Board is not specifically required as a condition of the Revenue Contract or Grant.
(b) After approvals by the CAO as provided herein and at his/her request, the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors shall execute such Revenue Contracts or renewals thereof and the documents necessary to effect acceptance of such Grants, on behalf of the Board.
For the purposes of this section, the terms "Revenue Contract" and "Grant" are defined as follows:
(1) "Revenue Contract" means a formal agreement between the County and a contractor providing for payments or income to the County as consideration for goods or services furnished by the County, when the payments or income to be received do not represent fees, licenses, permits, or proceeds of grants.
(2) "Grant" means a formal arrangement between the County and a grantor pursuant to which the County is to receive funds, services, products, or income for the establishment and conduct of, or for the support of, a specific program or project during a stated period of time.
(Section 123, Recognition of Office of Management and Budget, repealed by Ord. No. 6436 (N.S.), effective 10-14-82; new Section 123, Approval of Revenue Contracts and Acceptance of Grants, added by Ord. No. 6780 (N.S.), effective 6-14-84; amended by Ord. No. 9258 (N.S.), effective 11-9-00; amended by Ord. No. 9872 (N.S.), effective 7-19-07; amended by Ord. No. 10107 (N.S.), effective 2-10-11; amended by Ord. No. 10507 (N.S.), effective 1-4-18; amended by Ord. No. 10712 (N.S.), effective 2-11-21)