Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) In this Section, a plug-in vehicle means a vehicle that:
(1) is made by a vehicle manufacturer;
(2) is manufactured primarily for use on a public street, road, and highway;
(3) has a rated unloaded gross vehicle weight of no more than 8,500 pounds;
(4) has a maximum speed capability of at least 55 miles per hour; and
(5) is propelled to a significant extent by an electric motor that draws electricity from a battery that:
(A) for a 4-wheeled vehicle, has a capacity of at least 4 kilowatt-hours;
(B) for a 2-wheeled or a 3-wheeled vehicle, has a capacity of at least 2.5 kilowatt-hours; and
(C) can be recharged from an external source of electricity.
(b) Plug-in vehicle includes a qualifying vehicle that has been modified from the original manufacturer's specifications.
(c) A person may not stop, stand, or park a vehicle that is not a plug-in vehicle in a space that:
(1) is marked for the use of plug-in vehicles with an official sign that conforms to regulations adopted pursuant to Section 31-23 ; and
(2) provides access to a plug-in vehicle recharging station. (2014 L.M.C., ch. 2 , § 1.)