Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Alarm registration is valid for one year. An alarm registration shall expire one year from the date of issuance, and must be renewed annually by submitting an updated application and a registration renewal fee to the Alarm Administrator. The Alarm Administrator shall notify each alarm user of the need to renew thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the registration. It is the responsibility of the alarm user to submit an application prior to the registration expiration date. Failure to renew will be classified as use of a non-registered alarm system and citations and penalties shall be assessed without a waiver. A late fee will be assessed if the renewal is more than thirty (30) days late.
B. Alarm registration is issued to a person or persons ("alarm user") having bona fide ownership or control of an alarm site (i.e., home owner, business owner, renter, leaseholder, etc.) and specifically for that alarm site or address.
1. Alarm registration remains in the name(s) of the alarm user of record until change of ownership or control of the alarm site occurs.
C. Alarm registration is attached to the alarm user and the alarm site registration and is not transferable.
1. A new alarm site registration must be issued whenever there is a change of ownership or control of an alarm site.
D. The initial registration application shall be given to the alarm user at the time of alarm installation and shall be submitted to the Alarm Administrator or designee within seven (7) days.
E. Registration information is determined by the Alarm Administrator and shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. The name, complete address (including apt/suite number), email address and telephone numbers of the person who will be the registration holder and be responsible for the proper maintenance and operation of the alarm system and payment of fees assessed under this section 13-22;
2. The classification of the alarm site as either residential (includes apartment, condo, mobile home, etc.) or commercial;
3. For each alarm system located at the alarm site, the classification of the alarm system (i.e., burglary, holdup, duress, panic alarms or other) and for each classification whether such alarm is audible or silent;
4. Mailing address, if different from the address of the alarm site;
5. Any dangerous or special conditions present at the alarm site;
6. Names and telephone numbers of at least two (2) individuals who are able and have agreed to:
a. Receive notification of an alarm system activation at any time;
b. Respond to the alarm site within thirty (30) minutes at any time; and
c. Upon request can grant access to the alarm site and deactivate the alarm system if necessary;
7. Signed certification from the alarm user stating the following:
a. The date of installation, conversion or takeover of the alarm system, whichever is applicable;
b. The name, address, and telephone number of the alarm installation company or companies performing the alarm system installation, conversion or takeover and of the alarm installation company responsible for providing repair service to the alarm system;
c. The name, address, and telephone number of the monitoring company if different from the alarm installation company;
d. That a set of written operating instructions for the alarm system, including written guidelines on how to avoid false alarms, have been left with the applicant by the alarm installation company; and
e. That the alarm installation company has trained the applicant in proper use of the alarm system, including instructions on how to avoid false alarms.
8. That law enforcement response may be influenced by factors including, but not limited to the availability of police units, priority of calls, weather conditions, traffic conditions, emergency conditions, staffing levels, etc.
F. On receipt of the application, registration fees and any outstanding fines, the Alarm Administrator (or designee) shall issue a security alarm registration number to the alarm user.
G. The security alarm registration number assigned to an alarm user remains the same for as long as the alarm user continuously maintains registration for the alarm site.
H. Registration may be renewed under the following conditions:
1. The alarm site has no past-due fees.
2. The alarm site's registration has not been suspended or revoked.
3. The alarm user either updates his registration information or verifies that the current registration information is still correct.
4. The appropriate annual registration fee is paid.
I. Renewal information and fees are submitted to the Alarm Administrator (or designee) on or before the initial registration anniversary date each year.
J. Any false statement of material fact made by an applicant for the purpose of obtaining an alarm registration shall be sufficient cause for refusal to issue a registration.
K. An alarm registration cannot be transferred to another person or alarm site. An alarm user shall inform the Alarm Administrator (or designee) of any change that alters any of the information listed on the alarm registration application within five (5) business days of such change.
L. All fines and fees owed by an applicant must be paid before an alarm registration may be issued or renewed.
M. The rates for security alarm registration fees are designated in the Eloy Police Department's fee schedule (please see Eloy Police Department fee schedule on file in the City or locate the fee schedule on the Eloy Police Department's website).
1. The established rates shall assure that the Alarm Administrator position and all other costs related to administration and enforcement of this section 13-22 are supported entirely by registration fees. (Ord. 17-871, 8-14-2017)