Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The following minimum requirements for facilities and services apply to all licenses:
1. A cable system must have a minimum capacity of seventy eight (78) video channels available for immediate or potential use.
2. A cable system must provide up to two (2) access channels, which will be individually designated by the city for educational or governmental access.
3. A cable system must provide leased access channels as required by federal law. The licensee must provide information on all leased access channels in its annual report under subsection 5A-13A of this chapter. This information must include a description of any applications to lease access channels that are pending consideration or which have been denied by the licensee.
4. Service to all public buildings of the city of Eloy and the Santa Cruz Valley Union High School District and Eloy and Toltec Elementary School Districts may be required without charge as set forth in the license agreement.
5. A licensee must design its system to allow the city to interrupt cable service in an emergency to deliver necessary information to subscribers in accordance with FCC rules.
B. The city may require that a license exceed the minimum requirements set forth in subsection A of this section, if so designated in the license.
C. The city may waive minimum requirements set forth in subsection A of this section for limited licenses where the applicant demonstrates that a waiver is in the public interest. (Ord. 05-589, 5-23-2005)