APPENDIX B:  VEHICULAR USE AREA
PERIMETER REQUIREMENTS
 
A.
When the following
B.
...adjoins the following, or vice versa:
C.
the minimum land-scape easement of this width is required.1
D.
..which will contain this material2 to achieve opacity required.
1.
Any property in any zone except CB, CCC
Any vehicular use areas3 on adjacent property
4 ft.minimum to all trees from edge of paving where vehicles overhang, and 3 ft. strip that prohibits any vehicular over-hang for other areas, adjacent to portion of vehicular use area that faces building on adjacent property
1 tree/40 ft. of boundary of vehicular area OFT,4 from Group A, B, or C, plus a 3.5 ft. average height continuous planting, hedge, fence, wall or earth mound
2.
Any public or private street right-of-way, access road or service road, except freeways
Any vehicular use area, outside of CB or CCC (except vehicular sales facilities) in any zone
Same as 1.C. above, except applies to VUA portion facing public or private street
1 tree/40 ft. OFT from Group A or B, plus a 3.5 ft. average height continuous fence, wall, planting, hedge, earth mound
3.
Same as 2.A.
Any vehicular use area in a vehicular sales facility
Same as 2.C. above
1 tree/30 ft., OFT from Group A or B, with at least a 3-inch caliper along the entire street frontage, plus a 3.5-foot average height continuous fence, wall, hedge, planting or earth mound along at least 75% of the street frontage. The remaining street frontage, not to exceed 25%, shall include a 12-inch height vegetative planting.
 
A.
When the following
B.
...adjoins the following, or vice versa:
C.
the minimum land-scape easement of this width is required.1
D.
..which will contain this material2 to achieve opacity required.
4.
Same as 2.A.
Any vehicular use area (except loading and unloading areas) in CB or CCC zones
3 ft. strip adjacent to portion of vehicular use area that faces a public or private street right-of-way
3.5 ft. average height continuous planting, hedge, fence or wall
1   These provisions may be included within the property perimeter easements required by §§ 153.130 through 153.139 where landscape easements are also applicable.
2   Grass or ground cover shall be planted on all portions of the easements not occupied by other landscape material.
3   A vehicular use area (VUA) is any open or unenclosed area containing more than 1,800 square feet of area and/or used by six or more of any type of vehicle, whether moving or at rest, including, but not limited to, parking lots, loading and unloading areas, mobile home parks, and sales and service areas. Driveways are considered to be vehicular use areas whenever they are adjacent to public streets or other vehicular use elements described previously in this paragraph, and where intervening curbs, sidewalks, landscape strips, etc. do not eliminate adjacency.
4   OFT means "or fraction thereof."
5   Purpose statement.  The intent of these requirements is to improve the appearance of vehicular use areas and property abutting streets.  The vehicular use area perimeter requirement for vehicular sales facilities allows the creation of "picture frame(s)" along streets for vehicular sales display.  The following formula shall be used to determine the display area allowed per street frontage:  Linear distance of street frontage (from lot line to lot line or from lot line to corner in feet) x .25 = display area (in feet).  Vehicles in the display area shall be located behind the 12-inch height planting and all vehicles shall be parked at grade. Screening requirements for the remaining vehicular use areas that adjoin a street frontage shall be similar to those for other uses with two exceptions.  The size of trees at installation is increased and the spacing between trees is reduced.  These requirements will help to mitigate the glare from artificial lights.
 
('80 Code, Appendix B) (Ord. 13-81, passed 5-18-81; Am. Ord. 17-88, passed 3-6-89)