Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The provisions of the are established to protect and promote the general health, safety, and welfare of all present and future residents of Tucson and more specifically:
• To implement the ;
• To guide new growth and redevelopment of the community in accordance with the policies of the ;
• To encourage the most efficient use of land through sensitive design;
• To reduce potential hazards to the public that may result from incompatible or from the of environmentally hazardous or sensitive lands;
• To protect and enhance the ’s natural, cultural, historical, and scenic resources; and,
• To promote the economic stability of the community.