Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The purpose of this subchapter is to:
(1) Assist in the management of facilities placed in, on or over the public rights-of-way, in order to minimize the congestion, inconvenience, visual impact and other adverse effects and the costs to the citizens resulting from the placement of facilities within the public rights-of-way;
(2) Govern the use and occupancy of the public rights-of-way;
(3) Assist the city in its efforts to protect the public health, safety and welfare;
(4) Conserve the limited physical capacity of the public rights-of-way held in public trust by the city;
(5) Preserve the physical integrity of the streets and highways;
(6) Control the orderly flow of vehicles and pedestrians;
(7) Keep track of the different entities using the rights-of-way, to prevent interference between them;
(8) Assist on scheduling common trenching and street cuts; and
(9) Protect the safety, security, appearance and condition of the public rights-of-way.
(B) This subchapter may be referred to as the “Construction in the Public Rights-of-Way Ordinance”.
(1998 Code, § 106-171) (Ord. 99-51, passed 8-18-1999)