Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. No person, on the premises of any residential parking lot owned by the city where a sign or signs are posted designating such residential parking lot as a parking lot of Salt Lake City Corporation, shall:
1. Park any vehicle continuously in excess of seventy two (72) hours;
2. Park any boat, trailer or motor home;
3. Park any vehicle over eighteen feet (18') in length or eight feet (8') wide;
4. Abandon any vehicle;
5. Make repairs on any vehicle; or
6. Park any vehicle thereon which does not bear a valid license plate and current Utah inspection sticker.
B. For the purpose of this section, the term "residential parking lot owned by the city" means any area where vehicles may be left unattended upon any property the city may have an ownership interest in, and which has a sign or signs thereon stating that such area is a "residential parking lot of Salt Lake City Corporation".
C. Any vehicle found in violation of any of the foregoing prohibitions upon any residential parking lots owned by the city is hereby declared to be a nuisance, and may be summarily abated by removing any such vehicle by, or under the directions of, or at the request of a police officer or other officer charged with enforcing the parking laws of the city to a place of storage within the city by means of towing or otherwise, as provided in chapter 12.96 of this title, and the provisions of said chapter 12.96 of this title shall govern the disposition of any vehicle so impounded. (Ord. 9-17, 2017)