Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Permission to park in parking spaces without providing payment therefor at the parking meters may be granted by the City Transportation Engineer or the engineer's designee upon application being made therefor in writing upon the following conditions:
A. A showing of a substantial need to temporarily close off the parking spaces involved to the public use for a stated duration of time,
B. The placing of authorized devices over the signs identifying the parking spaces at issue, and
C. The payment daily in advance to the city treasurer according to the following schedule:
1. The fee shown on the Salt Lake City consolidated fee schedule per parking space per day, or part thereof.
2. The fee shown on the Salt Lake City consolidated fee schedule per parking space per day, or part thereof for an event that: a) continues for not less than three (3) consecutive days, b) significantly fosters area business promotion, and c) has an expected attendance exceeding five thousand (5,000) persons.
3. The fee shown on the Salt Lake City consolidated fee schedule per parking space per day, or part thereof during the filming of a movie, television series or commercial.
4. No fee shall be charged to any organization, for up to a total of thirty (30) days in any calendar year, that provides written verification from the internal revenue service that the organization has been granted tax exempt status as a religious or charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code, or its successor.
5. No fee shall be charged to any organization using such parking space under the direction of the city in connection with a city sponsored special event. (Ord. 9-17, 2017)