Skip to code content (skip section selection)
§ 13-501. Connections. 57
(1) No connection shall be made to a city water main unless a permit is obtained from the Department of Licenses and Inspections.
(2) Connections to the city water mains shall be made only by authorized employees of the Water Department or by persons under contracts approved by the Water Department.
(3) No such permit shall be issued unless the applicant furnishes the written consent of the owner of the premises to be supplied or of the owner's authorized agent and pays the charges required by subsection 13-305(1).
(4) The fee for such permit shall be fixed by the Water Department and shall include the actual cost of installing the connection, including but not limited to the ferrule or other connections, the valve, the valve box and necessary pipe.
(5) The Water Department shall issue regulations establishing charges for service, at least equal to the actual cost thereof, setting forth all specifications covering the material, weight and size of service pipe in relation to the water meter to be serviced.
Amended, 1972 Ordinances, p. 459.