Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Certified Sheet Metal Systems Technician. A person who obtains a valid sheet metal systems technician certificate in accordance with the requirements of this Chapter.
(2) HVAC Systems. Any system or part or component thereof used for providing heating, ventilating, air conditioning and exhaust services to buildings or structures of any type. 1159
(3) Registered Sheet Metal Technician Apprenticeship Program. A program of apprenticeship skills training that is currently approved by and registered with the United States Department of Labor or a State Apprenticeship Council involving at least 8,000 hours of documented practical experience in the installation, maintenance and other servicing of sheet metal systems and at least 800 hours of classroom, shop or related instruction in the installation, maintenance and other servicing of sheet metal systems.
(4) Sheet Metal Systems. All duct work, ferrous and non-ferrous, including applicable materials and parts, used in HVAC Systems.
(5) Work on Sheet Metal Systems. The installation, erection, replacement, rebuilding, modification, alteration, repair, testing or other servicing of sheet metal systems.
Enrolled bill numbered this as subsection (1); this subsection and the following subsections renumbered by Code editor.