Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. The hazard of fire and explosion arising from the storage, handling or use of structures, materials or devices.
2. Conditions hazardous to life, property or public welfare in the occupancy of structures or premises.
3. Fire hazards in a structure or on the premises from occupancy or operations.
4. Matters related to the construction, extension, repair, alteration or removal of fire suppression or fire alarm systems.
5. Conditions affecting the safety of fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
The provisions in this code related to construction are regulated by the International Building Code with local and state amendments found in other Subcodes.
F-101.3 Intent. The purpose of this code is to establish the minimum requirements consistent with nationally recognized good practice for providing a reasonable level of life safety and property protection from the hazards of fire, explosion or dangerous conditions in new and existing buildings, structures and premises and to provide safety to fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.