Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) As used in this section:
(1) “Delinquent child.” Has the same meaning as in Ohio R.C. 2152.02.
(2) “Unruly child.” Has the same meaning as in Ohio R.C. 2151.022.
(b) No person, including a parent, guardian, or other custodian of a child, shall do any of the following:
(1) Aid, abet, induce, cause, encourage, or contribute to a child or a ward of the juvenile court becoming an unruly child or a delinquent child;
(2) Act in a way tending to cause a child or a ward of the juvenile court to become an unruly child or a delinquent child;
(3) Act in a way that contributes to an adjudication of the child as a delinquent child based on the child’s violation of a court order adjudicating the child an unruly child for being an habitual truant;
(4) If the person is the parent, guardian, or custodian of a child who has the duties under Ohio R.C. Chapters 2152 and 2950 to register, register a new residence address, and periodically verify a residence address, and, if applicable, to send a notice of intent to reside, and if the child is not emancipated, as defined in Ohio R.C. 2919.121, fail to ensure that the child complies with those duties under Ohio R.C. Chapters 2152 and 2950.
(c) Whoever violates this section is guilty of contributing to the unruliness or delinquency of a child, a misdemeanor of the first degree. Each day of violation of this section is a separate offense.