EDITOR'S NOTE: The boundaries of the City and the numbering and designation of the wards of the City are set forth in the Original Charter of the City of Johnstown, Pennsylvania. This chapter has been established to provide a place for cross references and for ordinances amending the boundaries and wards of the City.
206.01 Extension of City lines to margin of Stonycreek River opposite Seventeenth Ward.
206.02 Extension of City lines to margin of Stonycreek River opposite Thirteenth, Second and First Wards.
206.03 Extension of City lines to margin of Conemaugh River opposite Sixteenth Ward.
206.04 Extension of City lines to west side of Johnstown and Benscreek Turnpike between Sixth and Eighth Wards.
206.05 Extension of City lines to margin of Little Conemaugh River along south side of Eleventh Ward.
206.06 Boundaries of Little Conemaugh River from bridge to Stonycreek River.
206.07 Boundaries of Little Conemaugh River from Railroad bridge of Cambria Iron Company east to City line.
206.08 Boundaries of Stonycreek River from confluence with Little Conemaugh River south to Franklin Street Bridge.
206.09 Boundaries of Stonycreek River from Franklin Street Bridge to Poplar Street Bridge.
206.10 Boundaries of Stonycreek River from Poplar Street Bridge to Somerset and Cambria Railroad Bridge.
206.11 Boundaries of Stonycreek River from Somerset and Cambria Railroad Bridge to Valley Pike Bridge.
206.12 Boundaries of Stonycreek River from Valley Pike Bridge south to City line.
CROSS REFERENCES
Boundaries of City - see H.R. CHTR. § 102
Creation and division of wards - see 3rd Class §§ 401 et seq.
Distribution of annexed territory among wards; new wards; ward officers - see 3rd Class § 560
City boundaries - see 3rd Class §§ 601 et seq.
Boundaries and wards - see Original Charter
Annexations - see Table D of the Tables of Special Ordinances (Preliminary Unit of Codified Ordinances)
Classification of annexed land - see P. & Z. Ch. 1260
Numbering of buildings in wards - see B. & H. 1468.02 et seq.
From and after the passage of this section (Special Ordinance 132, passed February 8, 1892), the lines of the City shall be changed from the center of the Stonycreek River opposite the westerly line of the Seventeenth Ward, from the center of the Stonycreek River to the margin thereof, so as to include the whole of the bed and margin of such stream within the limits of the City, as follows:
Beginning at the City line at a point on the top of the bank or margin of the Stonycreek River, on the line of land of Watson Horner; thence up the line of the margin of the bank of the Stonycreek River to a point where the southerly line of the City would intersect the same; thence turning easterly and intersecting with the present southerly City line in the center of the Stonycreek River, a map or plan of which is now in the office of the City Engineer.
(Sp. Ord. 132. Passed 2-8-1892.)
From and after the passage of this section (Special Ordinance 133, passed February 11, 1892), the lines of the City shall be changed from the center of the Stonycreek River opposite the westerly line of the Thirteenth, Second and First Wards, from the center of the Stonycreek River to the margin of the left bank thereof, so as to include the whole of the bed and margin of such stream within the limits of the City, as follows:
Beginning at a point on the present City line opposite the Thirteenth Ward on the margin of the left side of the Conemaugh River 120.9 feet distant from the westerly end of such City line now bearing south seventy-seven degrees and forty minutes east; thence up the left bank or margin of the Conemaugh and Stonycreek Rivers south fifteen degrees and forty-five minutes west 1112.9 feet to a point; thence south two degrees and fifty minutes west 709.1 feet to a point; thence south seventeen degrees and fourteen minutes east 1201.2 feet to a point; thence south twenty-seven degrees and forty minutes east 701.9 feet to a point; thence south forty-three degrees and fourteen minutes east to an intersection with the present City line now bounding the west side of the Fifth Ward, a map or plan of which is now on file in the office of the City Engineer.
(Sp. Ord. 133. Passed 2-11-1892.)
From and after the passage of this section (Special Ordinance 213, passed March 28, 1893), the lines of the City shall be changed from the center of the Conemaugh River opposite the northerly line of the Sixteenth Ward, to the margin thereof, so as to include the whole of the bed and margin of such stream within the limits of the City, as follows:
Beginning at the present City corner, the end of the present City line, bearing south thirty-four degrees, twenty-eight minutes and twenty-seven seconds west; thence by such line north thirty-four degrees, twenty-eight minutes and twenty-seven seconds; thence east to the right bank or margin of the Conemaugh River, a point 275 feet northward from the left side river line of such Conemaugh River; thence along and parallel to such River line to the intersection of the north side line of Thirteenth Street prolonged; thence by the north side line of Thirteenth Street prolonged, south thirty-eight degrees and three minutes; thence west to the center of the Conemaugh River; thence along the present City line in the center of such Conemaugh River to the place of beginning, as shown on a map or plan of the same now on file in the office of the City Engineer.
(Sp. Ord. 213. Passed 3-28-1893.)
From and after the passage of this section (Special Ordinance 214, passed March 28, 1893), the lines of the City shall be changed from the center of the Stonycreek River, opposite the westerly line of the Seventh Ward, and between the Sixth and Eighth Wards, to the westerly side of the Johnstown and Benscreek Pike, so as to include the whole of the bed of such River, together with the road on the margin thereof, as follows:
Beginning at the present City line corner in the center of the Stonycreek River; thence along the present City line north forty-four degrees, forty-two minutes and fifty-two seconds; thence west 105 feet to a linden tree on the west side of the Johnstown and Benscreek Turnpike; thence along the west side of such Turnpike south twenty degrees, twenty-eight minutes and forty-two seconds; thence west 1001.63 feet to an intersection with the present City line; thence along such City line north sixty-one degrees, thirty-four minutes and forty-three seconds; thence east 297.75 feet to the center of the Stonycreek River; thence along the present City line in the center of the Stonycreek River downward to the place of beginning.
(Sp. Ord. 214. Passed 3-28-1893.)
From and after the passage of this section (Special Ordinance 215, passed March 28, 1893), the lines of the City shall be changed from the center of the Little Conemaugh River along the southerly line of the Eleventh Ward, to the left side or margin thereof, as follows:
Beginning at the present City line corner, in the center of the Little Conemaugh River; thence along the present City line south eleven degrees, fifty-two minutes; thence west to the left bank or margin of such river bank, a point 140 feet southward from the right side line of the Little Conemaugh River; thence along and parallel to such right side river line to an intersection with the present City line prolonged, bearing north eighty degrees, twenty-six minutes and one second; thence west to the center of the Little Conemaugh River; thence along the present City line in the center of such River downward to the place of beginning.
(Sp. Ord. 215. Passed 3-28-1893.)
The Little Conemaugh River is hereby declared to be a public highway and watercourse within the City. The width thereof shall be 125 feet between the bottom of the banks from the point where the railroad bridge of the Cambria Iron Company crosses the stream east and above Walnut Street. The northerly line of such stream, between such bridge and the junction of such stream with the Stonycreek River is hereby defined as follows:
Beginning at the southwest corner of the right abutment of such bridge; thence down the stream, north eighty-four degrees and fifty-seven minutes west parallel with the stone wall on the left bank 340 feet to a point; thence, by a six degree curve to the right, with a radius of 955.4 feet, through an arc of eighty-seven degrees and fifty-two minutes, the arc length of which is 1,464.9 feet to a point; thence north two degrees and fifty-five minutes east 245 feet to the north end of the Kurtz stone wall and to the west side of Iron Street, as recently laid out, and where the west side of Iron Street corners; thence along the west side of Iron Street, as recently laid out, eighty-four feet to the upper end of the second pier westward from the east end of the Pennsylvania Railroad Company's Stone Arch Bridge.
The southwesterly line of the stream shall be parallel with and 125 feet distant from the northerly line of the bridge to the confluence of the Little Conemaugh River with the Stonycreek River.
A map or plan of the Little Conemaugh River, from the bridge to its intersection with the Stonycreek River, as herein described, remains in the office of the City Engineer.
(Sp. Ord. 14. Passed 7-15-1890.)
Loading...