Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A building permit shall be required for any of the following types of work:
(1) Any new structure, addition or other roofed area, except one-story detached accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses and similar uses, provided the floor area does not exceed two hundred (200) square feet.
(2) Any remodeling where one of the following are involved:
A. Bearing partitions are installed, removed or altered;
B. Partitions are installed, removed or altered so as to affect egress or an occupancy change;
C. Partitions are installed, removed or altered so as to affect heating or electrical runs.
D. Replacement of the dry wall or covering of interior walls.
(3) Any new fireplace, wood stove or chimney installation.
(4) Any new or altered stairway.
(5) Any new basements or basement enlargements or basement finishing as habitable space.
(6) Any new masonry façade installations.
(7) Any new retaining wall, over four (4) foot in height.
(8) Any change in occupancy including the addition of new apartment units in an existing structure.
(10) Fire suppression system.
(11) Smoke detection or fire alarm system.
A. Above ground pool that will hold contains water over twenty-four (24) inches deep.
B. All in ground pools.
(14) Television towers and satellite dish antennae; wireless telecommunication facilities as defined and further regulated by Chapter 1127 of the Zoning Code.
(15) Tents - for assembly use.
(b) An electrical permit shall be required for any of the following types of work:
(1) Any extension or alteration of an existing electrical circuit.
(2) Any installation of a new electrical circuit.
(3) Any installation or alteration of the service equipment.
(c) A heating permit shall be required for any of the following types of work:
(1) Any extension or alteration of air ducts. [Remodel Only]
(2) Any replacement of heating or cooling equipment.
(3) Any installation of new or additional heating or cooling equipment.
(4) Fuel Gas piping in Commercial or Residential construction as covered in the Ohio Building Code and the Residential Code of Ohio.
(5) Any exhaust systems for garages, kitchen hoods or similar systems.
(Ord. 11-10. Passed 5-20-10.)