Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A person who keeps an exotic animal under a permit issued by the United States or the State of Ohio;
(b) A person whose duties include the keeping or handling of exotic animals, while the person is engaged in that duty, and who is employed by any of the following:
(1) The Division of Animal Care and Control, Department of Public Safety, City of Cleveland;
(2) The County kennels;
(3) The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo;
(4) The Animal Protective League;
(5) A licensed veterinary hospital or clinic;
(6) A licensed or accredited research or medical institution;
(7) A facility licensed as an exhibitor or breeder by the United States Department of Agriculture under the Animal Welfare Act;
(8) A licensed or accredited educational institution, including museums.
(c) A person licensed as a wildlife rehabilitator under OAC 1501:31-25-03;
(d) A person temporarily transporting an exotic animal through the City if the transit time is not more than twenty-four (24) hours and the animal is at all times maintained within a confinement sufficient to prevent the exotic animal from escaping.
(e) A person who holds a license under RC 1533.08 and corresponding regulations.
(Ord. No. 1572-14. Passed 12-8-14, eff. 12-10-14)